After releasing the snippet for Everything to Me, Monica’s fans took Twitter by storm with rave reviews, begging for more. Hearing the cries of her admirers, the beautiful singer went back and reconstructed the song into the complete version we’re now being treated to. Off of her upcoming album Still Standing, Everything marks the return of a sultrier Monica. Sampling Deniece Williams’ 1980s R&B smash hit Silly, Monica builds on the foundation of the original and makes a song for the modern lover just in time for Valentine’s Day. The production, courtesy of Missy Elliot (and co-producer Lamb), is the X-Factor for this track; Everything plays like the soundtrack to a sensuous ride in the tunnel of love, a ride Monica’s passionate vocals (written by Jazmine Sullivan) ensure will be a steamy one. If you agree with me and want to play this song on your next gondola ride with that special someone, be sure to pick up a copy of Still Standing, which still has no set release date, and keep it locked to the Booth for more new music from Monica.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 02/1/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Dozen Roses (You Remind Me)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.