After releasing the snippet for Everything to Me, Monica’s fans took Twitter by storm with rave reviews, begging for more. Hearing the cries of her admirers, the beautiful singer went back and reconstructed the song into the complete version we’re now being treated to. Off of her upcoming album Still Standing, Everything marks the return of a sultrier Monica. Sampling Deniece Williams’ 1980s R&B smash hit Silly, Monica builds on the foundation of the original and makes a song for the modern lover just in time for Valentine’s Day. The production, courtesy of Missy Elliot (and co-producer Lamb), is the X-Factor for this track; Everything plays like the soundtrack to a sensuous ride in the tunnel of love, a ride Monica’s passionate vocals (written by Jazmine Sullivan) ensure will be a steamy one. If you agree with me and want to play this song on your next gondola ride with that special someone, be sure to pick up a copy of Still Standing, which still has no set release date, and keep it locked to the Booth for more new music from Monica.
Listen to More: Monica Written by Quentin Cuff
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dozen Roses" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.