After releasing the snippet for Everything to Me, Monica’s fans took Twitter by storm with rave reviews, begging for more. Hearing the cries of her admirers, the beautiful singer went back and reconstructed the song into the complete version we’re now being treated to. Off of her upcoming album Still Standing, Everything marks the return of a sultrier Monica. Sampling Deniece Williams’ 1980s R&B smash hit Silly, Monica builds on the foundation of the original and makes a song for the modern lover just in time for Valentine’s Day. The production, courtesy of Missy Elliot (and co-producer Lamb), is the X-Factor for this track; Everything plays like the soundtrack to a sensuous ride in the tunnel of love, a ride Monica’s passionate vocals (written by Jazmine Sullivan) ensure will be a steamy one. If you agree with me and want to play this song on your next gondola ride with that special someone, be sure to pick up a copy of Still Standing, which still has no set release date, and keep it locked to the Booth for more new music from Monica.
Listen to More: Monica
Written by Quentin Cuff on 02/1/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dozen Roses" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.