After releasing the snippet for Everything to Me, Monica’s fans took Twitter by storm with rave reviews, begging for more. Hearing the cries of her admirers, the beautiful singer went back and reconstructed the song into the complete version we’re now being treated to. Off of her upcoming album Still Standing, Everything marks the return of a sultrier Monica. Sampling Deniece Williams’ 1980s R&B smash hit Silly, Monica builds on the foundation of the original and makes a song for the modern lover just in time for Valentine’s Day. The production, courtesy of Missy Elliot (and co-producer Lamb), is the X-Factor for this track; Everything plays like the soundtrack to a sensuous ride in the tunnel of love, a ride Monica’s passionate vocals (written by Jazmine Sullivan) ensure will be a steamy one. If you agree with me and want to play this song on your next gondola ride with that special someone, be sure to pick up a copy of Still Standing, which still has no set release date, and keep it locked to the Booth for more new music from Monica.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 02/1/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Dozen Roses (You Remind Me)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.