Ask any head from Texas about the state’s hip-hop heritage, and you’ll get a long lecture about UGK, Screwed Up Click, Swishahouse, and Guerilla Maab – and that’ll be just the first half-hour! Such a speech, however, might overlook another veteran who’s spent his career under the mainstream radar despite working with the legendary Wreckshop Records; Money‘s relative obscurity is partially due to the fact that he was serving time in prison (the Lone Star State’s justice system don’t play around) during his city’s major explosion in ‘05. Now that he’s a free man again, he’s ready to make up for lost time with his debut solo album. Boasting a laid-back sound similar to past Texas hits Wanna Be A Baller and Swang, In My Own Lane finds Money taking a ride with hookman Chalie Boy and underground vet/community pillar Trae tha Truth. This record might sound out-of-place on computer speakers, but pop it in the whip and the mood is set for an evening spent cruising the city streets.
Written by Burmy on 01/21/09
Mash Mode Prod./Street Pharmacy
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.