Ask any head from Texas about the state’s hip-hop heritage, and you’ll get a long lecture about UGK, Screwed Up Click, Swishahouse, and Guerilla Maab – and that’ll be just the first half-hour! Such a speech, however, might overlook another veteran who’s spent his career under the mainstream radar despite working with the legendary Wreckshop Records; Money‘s relative obscurity is partially due to the fact that he was serving time in prison (the Lone Star State’s justice system don’t play around) during his city’s major explosion in ‘05. Now that he’s a free man again, he’s ready to make up for lost time with his debut solo album. Boasting a laid-back sound similar to past Texas hits Wanna Be A Baller and Swang, In My Own Lane finds Money taking a ride with hookman Chalie Boy and underground vet/community pillar Trae tha Truth. This record might sound out-of-place on computer speakers, but pop it in the whip and the mood is set for an evening spent cruising the city streets.
Written by Burmy on 01/21/09
Submit your Rating
Mash Mode Prod./Street Pharmacy
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.