Ask any head from Texas about the state’s hip-hop heritage, and you’ll get a long lecture about UGK, Screwed Up Click, Swishahouse, and Guerilla Maab – and that’ll be just the first half-hour! Such a speech, however, might overlook another veteran who’s spent his career under the mainstream radar despite working with the legendary Wreckshop Records; Money‘s relative obscurity is partially due to the fact that he was serving time in prison (the Lone Star State’s justice system don’t play around) during his city’s major explosion in ‘05. Now that he’s a free man again, he’s ready to make up for lost time with his debut solo album. Boasting a laid-back sound similar to past Texas hits Wanna Be A Baller and Swang, In My Own Lane finds Money taking a ride with hookman Chalie Boy and underground vet/community pillar Trae tha Truth. This record might sound out-of-place on computer speakers, but pop it in the whip and the mood is set for an evening spent cruising the city streets.
Written by Burmy on 01/21/09
Mash Mode Prod./Street Pharmacy
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)