Mojoe might sound like something straight out of an Austin Powers movie, but this kind of “mojo” has far deeper roots in rap than psychedelia. In fact, San Antonio, Texas-based emcees, Easy Lee and T.R.R.E., make up the unique sound of Mojoe. Combining pure soul with club anthem elements, the duo provides a diverse range of sounds, a trait made quite evident on their new single, My Favorite Cut. A winding soul sample abruptly plummets into a head-bobbing, self-produced booty shaker. Dirty South rhymes about sexy ladies and champagne are thrown in with random old-school soul verses and the end result is an enjoyable jumble of urban sound. More than anything, the odd combination shows Mojoe’s myriad influences, which range from The Roots to Curtis Mayfield. The duo’s new album, Dirty Genes, is set for a fall release.
Written by Carly on 09/10/08
Submit your Rating
Straight Line Ent/Dirty Genes Ent.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.