Readers who have been paying close attention in recent weeks may already recognize Moe Green from guest spots on recent releases by C-Plus (Game-Changer) and Starski (Hollywood). As it turns out, it’s all been part of the Vallejo repper’s master plan: spit a few fresh guest 16s, get a healthy buzz going and then, when the time is ripe, unleash a veritable Masterpiece upon our readership. OK, on the real, I just made that up – but, hey, it might as well be true. In any case, this EP single could hardly provide a better first (official) impression of the rhymesayer. This reflective cut finds Bmore Redd blending gritty percussion and chopped guitar/vocal samples into a tunefully understated backdrop for verses that fully showcase Green’s self-confidence and reverence for his craft. Though he describes himself as a “college dropout” working his way up to “that Kanye life,” he emphasizes that he’s in the game for deeper reasons than fame or fortune – on the contrary, rocking the mic is his reason for living. Time for the big question: does this selection live up to its lofty title? If so, don’t miss his Lionheart EP when it hits the net this May.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.