Readers who have been paying close attention in recent weeks may already recognize Moe Green from guest spots on recent releases by C-Plus (Game-Changer) and Starski (Hollywood). As it turns out, it’s all been part of the Vallejo repper’s master plan: spit a few fresh guest 16s, get a healthy buzz going and then, when the time is ripe, unleash a veritable Masterpiece upon our readership. OK, on the real, I just made that up – but, hey, it might as well be true. In any case, this EP single could hardly provide a better first (official) impression of the rhymesayer. This reflective cut finds Bmore Redd blending gritty percussion and chopped guitar/vocal samples into a tunefully understated backdrop for verses that fully showcase Green’s self-confidence and reverence for his craft. Though he describes himself as a “college dropout” working his way up to “that Kanye life,” he emphasizes that he’s in the game for deeper reasons than fame or fortune – on the contrary, rocking the mic is his reason for living. Time for the big question: does this selection live up to its lofty title? If so, don’t miss his Lionheart EP when it hits the net this May.
Written by richard on 04/20/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)