Though Moe Green boasts a calm, collected and even slightly lazy flow befitting a West Coast G, listeners shouldn’t mistake his economy of effort for a lack of investment in his hustle. Like the lions of the savannah, who lounge around for hours before channeling all of their energy into a single well-timed pounce, the Vallejo rhymesayer is simply conducting his paper chase in the most efficient manner possible. On mixtape inclusion Keep on Movin, Green reveals just how much calculation goes into his every action, elucidating on his approach to the grind over a slow-rolling, sun-kissed instrumental by Hieroglyphics member DJ Touré (who borrows a sampled hook from Snoop and Daz Dillinger‘s Doggy Dogg World). This joint is set for inclusion, along with the previously featured Window Seat and much more, on the artist’s Lionheart II LP, which as yet lacks a drop date; stay tuned for further details!
Written by richard on 10/1/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.