Judging solely on the Vallejo repper’s stage name, you might assume Moe Green‘s grind was motivated entirely by a desire to amass paper (and possibly spend it on vast quantities of kush). But, you know what they say about books and their covers. As a matter of fact, Green flouts these preconceptions in the very first lines of his latest feature: “F*ck rappin’ ‘bout your money tree—I’m plantin’ seeds for the Garden of Eden.” A standout cut off the emcee’s latest EP, Dreamin’ finds Moe doing just as the title says: fantasizing about the success that awaits him, and in the process illuminating some of the deeper motivations behind his hustle. Bedrock‘s quietly determined piano/synth-string beat pulses in the background as Green expresses his desire to bring a breath of fresh air to the game and set an example for those to come. And if that big money does eventually find its way into his pocketbook, the first thing he’s gonna do is set his mother up in a better place (see also: Get Mama a House). Complete with a simple yet effective hook by Amy Serrata, this joint is just one of many fresh cuts to be found on Moe’s Lionheart EP, released June 27, and out now online.
Written by richard on 07/5/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.