Judging solely on the Vallejo repper’s stage name, you might assume Moe Green‘s grind was motivated entirely by a desire to amass paper (and possibly spend it on vast quantities of kush). But, you know what they say about books and their covers. As a matter of fact, Green flouts these preconceptions in the very first lines of his latest feature: “F*ck rappin’ ‘bout your money tree—I’m plantin’ seeds for the Garden of Eden.” A standout cut off the emcee’s latest EP, Dreamin’ finds Moe doing just as the title says: fantasizing about the success that awaits him, and in the process illuminating some of the deeper motivations behind his hustle. Bedrock‘s quietly determined piano/synth-string beat pulses in the background as Green expresses his desire to bring a breath of fresh air to the game and set an example for those to come. And if that big money does eventually find its way into his pocketbook, the first thing he’s gonna do is set his mother up in a better place (see also: Get Mama a House). Complete with a simple yet effective hook by Amy Serrata, this joint is just one of many fresh cuts to be found on Moe’s Lionheart EP, released June 27, and out now online.
Written by richard on 07/5/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.