If you think about it, Mod Sun is a little bit of a mystery. Despite being born and bred in chilly Minneapolis, the singer/emcee boasts the kind of sun-drenched sound and laid-back disposition that you’d expect from an artist repping warmer climes. Maybe he’s part of a witness protection program… or maybe dude just smokes a lot of weed. Regardless, he hasn’t given up on finding a kindred spirit in the Twin Cities area to share his life with; on his latest EP single, he puts an open call out for females who think they might be the kush-loving, bead-rocking Stoner Girl of his dreams. Malibu singer/songwriter/producer Cisco Adler does his thing behind the boards, mixing bouncy, Island-infused guitar riffs with spacey synth effects and a dash of dubstep bass as Mod and guest rhymesayer Pat Brown paint lyrical portraits of their respective feminine ideals. Feeling it? More upbeat bangers await on Mod’s Happy as F**k LP, available online as of June.
Written by richard on 09/9/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.