If you think about it, Mod Sun is a little bit of a mystery. Despite being born and bred in chilly Minneapolis, the singer/emcee boasts the kind of sun-drenched sound and laid-back disposition that you’d expect from an artist repping warmer climes. Maybe he’s part of a witness protection program… or maybe dude just smokes a lot of weed. Regardless, he hasn’t given up on finding a kindred spirit in the Twin Cities area to share his life with; on his latest EP single, he puts an open call out for females who think they might be the kush-loving, bead-rocking Stoner Girl of his dreams. Malibu singer/songwriter/producer Cisco Adler does his thing behind the boards, mixing bouncy, Island-infused guitar riffs with spacey synth effects and a dash of dubstep bass as Mod and guest rhymesayer Pat Brown paint lyrical portraits of their respective feminine ideals. Feeling it? More upbeat bangers await on Mod’s Happy as F**k LP, available online as of June.
Written by richard on 09/9/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.