If you think about it, Mod Sun is a little bit of a mystery. Despite being born and bred in chilly Minneapolis, the singer/emcee boasts the kind of sun-drenched sound and laid-back disposition that you’d expect from an artist repping warmer climes. Maybe he’s part of a witness protection program… or maybe dude just smokes a lot of weed. Regardless, he hasn’t given up on finding a kindred spirit in the Twin Cities area to share his life with; on his latest EP single, he puts an open call out for females who think they might be the kush-loving, bead-rocking Stoner Girl of his dreams. Malibu singer/songwriter/producer Cisco Adler does his thing behind the boards, mixing bouncy, Island-infused guitar riffs with spacey synth effects and a dash of dubstep bass as Mod and guest rhymesayer Pat Brown paint lyrical portraits of their respective feminine ideals. Feeling it? More upbeat bangers await on Mod’s Happy as F**k LP, available online as of June.
Written by richard on 09/9/12
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.