If you think about it, Mod Sun is a little bit of a mystery. Despite being born and bred in chilly Minneapolis, the singer/emcee boasts the kind of sun-drenched sound and laid-back disposition that you’d expect from an artist repping warmer climes. Maybe he’s part of a witness protection program… or maybe dude just smokes a lot of weed. Regardless, he hasn’t given up on finding a kindred spirit in the Twin Cities area to share his life with; on his latest EP single, he puts an open call out for females who think they might be the kush-loving, bead-rocking Stoner Girl of his dreams. Malibu singer/songwriter/producer Cisco Adler does his thing behind the boards, mixing bouncy, Island-infused guitar riffs with spacey synth effects and a dash of dubstep bass as Mod and guest rhymesayer Pat Brown paint lyrical portraits of their respective feminine ideals. Feeling it? More upbeat bangers await on Mod’s Happy as F**k LP, available online as of June.
Written by richard on 09/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Chain Gang" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.