If you think about it, Mod Sun is a little bit of a mystery. Despite being born and bred in chilly Minneapolis, the singer/emcee boasts the kind of sun-drenched sound and laid-back disposition that you’d expect from an artist repping warmer climes. Maybe he’s part of a witness protection program… or maybe dude just smokes a lot of weed. Regardless, he hasn’t given up on finding a kindred spirit in the Twin Cities area to share his life with; on his latest EP single, he puts an open call out for females who think they might be the kush-loving, bead-rocking Stoner Girl of his dreams. Malibu singer/songwriter/producer Cisco Adler does his thing behind the boards, mixing bouncy, Island-infused guitar riffs with spacey synth effects and a dash of dubstep bass as Mod and guest rhymesayer Pat Brown paint lyrical portraits of their respective feminine ideals. Feeling it? More upbeat bangers await on Mod’s Happy as F**k LP, available online as of June.
Written by richard on 09/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Chain Gang" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.