Stacking paper may be the single most popular topic in contemporary rap, and for damn good reason; who doesn’t want to be filthy rich? While there’s nothing groundbeaking about a joint titled “Get the Money,” Mobo the Great‘s Booth debut (an exclusive world premiere!) is one of the most dopest odes to currency I’ve heard in a hot minute. Accompanied by the bass-bumping percussion and tweaked samples of DJ L, the Windy City buzzmaker showcases her devotion to the hustle, as well as her hometown pride. Chi-Town neighbor and Mainstream Music author Taylor Bennett contributes an animated opening 16. Money is just a loosie, but Mobo is currently building up to the September release of her next full-length, FTP. Fans can, of course, keep it locked for the latest on the forthcoming set.
Written by richard on 07/30/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.