Stacking paper may be the single most popular topic in contemporary rap, and for damn good reason; who doesn’t want to be filthy rich? While there’s nothing groundbeaking about a joint titled “Get the Money,” Mobo the Great‘s Booth debut (an exclusive world premiere!) is one of the most dopest odes to currency I’ve heard in a hot minute. Accompanied by the bass-bumping percussion and tweaked samples of DJ L, the Windy City buzzmaker showcases her devotion to the hustle, as well as her hometown pride. Chi-Town neighbor and Mainstream Music author Taylor Bennett contributes an animated opening 16. Money is just a loosie, but Mobo is currently building up to the September release of her next full-length, FTP. Fans can, of course, keep it locked for the latest on the forthcoming set.
Written by richard on 07/30/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.