Stacking paper may be the single most popular topic in contemporary rap, and for damn good reason; who doesn’t want to be filthy rich? While there’s nothing groundbeaking about a joint titled “Get the Money,” Mobo the Great‘s Booth debut (an exclusive world premiere!) is one of the most dopest odes to currency I’ve heard in a hot minute. Accompanied by the bass-bumping percussion and tweaked samples of DJ L, the Windy City buzzmaker showcases her devotion to the hustle, as well as her hometown pride. Chi-Town neighbor and Mainstream Music author Taylor Bennett contributes an animated opening 16. Money is just a loosie, but Mobo is currently building up to the September release of her next full-length, FTP. Fans can, of course, keep it locked for the latest on the forthcoming set.
Written by richard on 07/30/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.