Stacking paper may be the single most popular topic in contemporary rap, and for damn good reason; who doesn’t want to be filthy rich? While there’s nothing groundbeaking about a joint titled “Get the Money,” Mobo the Great‘s Booth debut (an exclusive world premiere!) is one of the most dopest odes to currency I’ve heard in a hot minute. Accompanied by the bass-bumping percussion and tweaked samples of DJ L, the Windy City buzzmaker showcases her devotion to the hustle, as well as her hometown pride. Chi-Town neighbor and Mainstream Music author Taylor Bennett contributes an animated opening 16. Money is just a loosie, but Mobo is currently building up to the September release of her next full-length, FTP. Fans can, of course, keep it locked for the latest on the forthcoming set.
Written by richard on 07/30/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.