Sadly, I am allergic to horses, hay and pretty much everything else farm related. Now knowing this you can probably better understand why I was weary of Mobetta’s Booth debut, Back At The Ranch. Gladly, I am happy to report there are no horses or allergens involved, just authentic hip-hop and strong jazz roots. Thankfully, I am not allergic to either. On his new single, Mobetta showcases his blues background—he was the horn arranger for the Grammy winning blues ensemble, Tedeschi Trucks Band—by spitting atop DJ Scratch’s winding, horn-fluttering boardwork with a fluid, flexible style. While Mobetta is Back At The Ranch, his guest Jean Grae turns the affair into a slaughterhouse, leaving the beat bloodied with her surgical, unwavering approach. In addition to Back At The Ranch, Mobetta’s currently unscheduled album, Maurice vs Mobetta, will feature material from the likes of Talib Kweli and Consequence, among many others.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/2/13
Submit your Rating
Mobetta Music Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fly By Night" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.