Sadly, I am allergic to horses, hay and pretty much everything else farm related. Now knowing this you can probably better understand why I was weary of Mobetta’s Booth debut, Back At The Ranch. Gladly, I am happy to report there are no horses or allergens involved, just authentic hip-hop and strong jazz roots. Thankfully, I am not allergic to either. On his new single, Mobetta showcases his blues background—he was the horn arranger for the Grammy winning blues ensemble, Tedeschi Trucks Band—by spitting atop DJ Scratch’s winding, horn-fluttering boardwork with a fluid, flexible style. While Mobetta is Back At The Ranch, his guest Jean Grae turns the affair into a slaughterhouse, leaving the beat bloodied with her surgical, unwavering approach. In addition to Back At The Ranch, Mobetta’s currently unscheduled album, Maurice vs Mobetta, will feature material from the likes of Talib Kweli and Consequence, among many others.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/2/13
Submit your Rating
Mobetta Music Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fly By Night" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.