Sadly, I am allergic to horses, hay and pretty much everything else farm related. Now knowing this you can probably better understand why I was weary of Mobetta’s Booth debut, Back At The Ranch. Gladly, I am happy to report there are no horses or allergens involved, just authentic hip-hop and strong jazz roots. Thankfully, I am not allergic to either. On his new single, Mobetta showcases his blues background—he was the horn arranger for the Grammy winning blues ensemble, Tedeschi Trucks Band—by spitting atop DJ Scratch’s winding, horn-fluttering boardwork with a fluid, flexible style. While Mobetta is Back At The Ranch, his guest Jean Grae turns the affair into a slaughterhouse, leaving the beat bloodied with her surgical, unwavering approach. In addition to Back At The Ranch, Mobetta’s currently unscheduled album, Maurice vs Mobetta, will feature material from the likes of Talib Kweli and Consequence, among many others.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/2/13
Submit your Rating
Mobetta Music Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fly By Night" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.