East Coast heads rejoice; in two short months, Queensbridge legends Havoc and Prodigy will be rejoining forces to drop the first Mobb Deep LP since 2006’s Blood Money. (It’s their first project of any sort since 2011’s Black Cocaine EP.) If it even needs to be said, they haven’t lost a step in the intervening years. Freshly-released lead single Taking You off Here exudes the same gritty, asphalt-kissed vibe as the duo’s 1990s classics. Havoc’s own tinny keyboard loops and slow-rolling breakbeat set the mood as he and his longtime partner-in-rhyme describe the grisly fate that awaits their foes: “I’ll flood the cold street with your / hot blood, was mad, now you steamin’ / You soul in limbo, right there on the ce-ment.” The Infamous Mobb Deep is slated to drop in March via Infamous Records. In the meantime, of course, fans can stay tuned for the latest singles off the forthcoming set.
Written by richard on 01/30/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Queens ft. 50 Cent, Mobb Deep, Kool G Rap & Tony Yayo" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.