Back in April, veteran crew Mobb Deep unleashed The Infamous Mobb Deep, their first full-length in the better part of a decade. Though album standout Dirt wasn’t picked as a pre-release single, Havoc and Prodigy evidently thought it deserved a little love, as they’ve teamed up with a fellow East Coast all-star to give it the remix treatment. On this version of the record, Wu-Tang‘s own Ghostface Killah grabs the mic to deliver a hard-nosed closing 16 over !llmind‘s jagged guitar riffs and boom-bap percussion. The remix isn’t attached to anything larger, but fans can find its prototype on the crew’s eighth studio album, available now wherever fine music is sold.
Written by richard on 06/26/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Queens ft. 50 Cent, Mobb Deep, Kool G Rap & Tony Yayo" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.