Back in April, veteran crew Mobb Deep unleashed The Infamous Mobb Deep, their first full-length in the better part of a decade. Though album standout Dirt wasn’t picked as a pre-release single, Havoc and Prodigy evidently thought it deserved a little love, as they’ve teamed up with a fellow East Coast all-star to give it the remix treatment. On this version of the record, Wu-Tang‘s own Ghostface Killah grabs the mic to deliver a hard-nosed closing 16 over !llmind‘s jagged guitar riffs and boom-bap percussion. The remix isn’t attached to anything larger, but fans can find its prototype on the crew’s eighth studio album, available now wherever fine music is sold.
Written by richard on 06/26/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Queens ft. 50 Cent, Mobb Deep, Kool G Rap & Tony Yayo" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.