Back in April, veteran crew Mobb Deep unleashed The Infamous Mobb Deep, their first full-length in the better part of a decade. Though album standout Dirt wasn’t picked as a pre-release single, Havoc and Prodigy evidently thought it deserved a little love, as they’ve teamed up with a fellow East Coast all-star to give it the remix treatment. On this version of the record, Wu-Tang‘s own Ghostface Killah grabs the mic to deliver a hard-nosed closing 16 over !llmind‘s jagged guitar riffs and boom-bap percussion. The remix isn’t attached to anything larger, but fans can find its prototype on the crew’s eighth studio album, available now wherever fine music is sold.
Written by richard on 06/26/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Queens ft. 50 Cent, Mobb Deep, Kool G Rap & Tony Yayo" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.