Genghis Khan, Alexander the Great, Attila the Hun, Napoleon Bonaparte, Havoc and Prodigy of Mobb Deep... yep, sounds about right to me. On the latest single off their forthcoming EP, the NYC underground mainstays announce their intention to Conquer the game and everyone in it, not stopping till every competitor has ”overpower[ed] and crush[ed].” Havoc sets an appropriately ominous mood on the production tip, layering martial brass samples and choral backing vocals over a driving percussion rhythm. Needless to say, he and his partner-in-rhyme come with aggressive bars to match, touting the ruthless efficiency of their team and warning those who would delve too deeply into their business, “Get curious, I’ll show you how the reaper look.” And, like all historical conquerors worth their salt, they’ve accumulated a sizable harem—on the back, Prodigy boasts of being a “bad hood b*tch magnet.” Does this hard-hitting single leave you fiending for more? Then be sure to pick up the duo’s Black Cocaine EP when it drops November 21—or, click here to pre-order the project on iTunes.
Written by richard on 11/9/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Queens ft. 50 Cent, Mobb Deep, Kool G Rap & Tony Yayo" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.