The title of M&O (Milo&Otis)‘s latest feature has a menacing vibe, but y’all should do your best to resist the urge to flee. If you do as the Chi-town duo say and Run! far away, you risk missing out on a very enjoyable listen. The follow-up to late March’s House, this single finds vocalist Jamilia Woods crooning heartbroken lyrics over the layered percussion and xylophone notes of crewmate Owen Hill. Peter Campbell directs the atmospheric accompanying visuals. Released in April, M&O’s Almost Us LP is available now for purchase via Bandcamp.
Written by richard on 05/22/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.