Typically, having a ghost in your place of residence is a bad thing; they flip the lights on and off, break sh*t, and generally make a nuisance of themselves. But the apparition described on the latest single from M&O (formerly known as Milo&Otis) is not only tolerated but welcome: “Your love is haunting me / And I’m a willing House.” The Windy City duo’s first feature since last fall’s The Joy, this promo cut retains its predecessor’s simple, tranquil sound and warm, subtly poetic lyricism. Over Owen Hill‘s ebbing and flowing synths, vocalist Jamilia Woods vividly portrays the obsession and nervous excitement that come with new love. Fans will be able to find House and much more on the unsigned crew’s Almost Us LP, scheduled for independent release on Thursday, April 3.
Written by richard on 03/27/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.