Typically, having a ghost in your place of residence is a bad thing; they flip the lights on and off, break sh*t, and generally make a nuisance of themselves. But the apparition described on the latest single from M&O (formerly known as Milo&Otis) is not only tolerated but welcome: “Your love is haunting me / And I’m a willing House.” The Windy City duo’s first feature since last fall’s The Joy, this promo cut retains its predecessor’s simple, tranquil sound and warm, subtly poetic lyricism. Over Owen Hill‘s ebbing and flowing synths, vocalist Jamilia Woods vividly portrays the obsession and nervous excitement that come with new love. Fans will be able to find House and much more on the unsigned crew’s Almost Us LP, scheduled for independent release on Thursday, April 3.
Written by richard on 03/27/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.