Last night, MNEK should have been cutting loose and having a good time at the local spot. Instead, the London recording artist and producer was sitting alone in the corner of the club, mentally penning a record dedicated to an ex-girl. His heartbreak, however, is our gain; after all, it led to the creation of new promo single I Wrote a Song About You. As on the previously-featured Every Little Word, MNEK handles both production and vocal duties, crafting a slick house backdrop for his understated verses and emotionally-charged chorus. Wrote a Song is just a loosie, but we’ll keep you posted on the artist’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 06/17/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.