Last night, MNEK should have been cutting loose and having a good time at the local spot. Instead, the London recording artist and producer was sitting alone in the corner of the club, mentally penning a record dedicated to an ex-girl. His heartbreak, however, is our gain; after all, it led to the creation of new promo single I Wrote a Song About You. As on the previously-featured Every Little Word, MNEK handles both production and vocal duties, crafting a slick house backdrop for his understated verses and emotionally-charged chorus. Wrote a Song is just a loosie, but we’ll keep you posted on the artist’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 06/17/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)