Last night, MNEK should have been cutting loose and having a good time at the local spot. Instead, the London recording artist and producer was sitting alone in the corner of the club, mentally penning a record dedicated to an ex-girl. His heartbreak, however, is our gain; after all, it led to the creation of new promo single I Wrote a Song About You. As on the previously-featured Every Little Word, MNEK handles both production and vocal duties, crafting a slick house backdrop for his understated verses and emotionally-charged chorus. Wrote a Song is just a loosie, but we’ll keep you posted on the artist’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 06/17/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.