Last night, MNEK should have been cutting loose and having a good time at the local spot. Instead, the London recording artist and producer was sitting alone in the corner of the club, mentally penning a record dedicated to an ex-girl. His heartbreak, however, is our gain; after all, it led to the creation of new promo single I Wrote a Song About You. As on the previously-featured Every Little Word, MNEK handles both production and vocal duties, crafting a slick house backdrop for his understated verses and emotionally-charged chorus. Wrote a Song is just a loosie, but we’ll keep you posted on the artist’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 06/17/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.