Technically, this isn’t MNEK‘s first DJBooth feature, but it does serve as his first real introduction. How can this be? In January, the London native put his own spin on somebody else’s work with the memorable Never Leave You (Lumidee Cover), but now he is back with an original. Hard to believe after a quick listen to Every Little Word? That’s probably because the self-produced, wobbling synth beat, littered with glossy bells and whistles, has a vintage sound straight out of the late 80’s or early 90’s. The dual threat artist’s energetic, passionate vocals take the record to the next level, displayed in both the venerable vibe and the track’s energy; the production might suck you in, but it’s MNEK’s vocals that will get you on the dancefloor. There is no news on anything larger, but with a sound as refreshing as this, expect to hear more soon.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/11/14
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.