Technically, this isn’t MNEK‘s first DJBooth feature, but it does serve as his first real introduction. How can this be? In January, the London native put his own spin on somebody else’s work with the memorable Never Leave You (Lumidee Cover), but now he is back with an original. Hard to believe after a quick listen to Every Little Word? That’s probably because the self-produced, wobbling synth beat, littered with glossy bells and whistles, has a vintage sound straight out of the late 80’s or early 90’s. The dual threat artist’s energetic, passionate vocals take the record to the next level, displayed in both the venerable vibe and the track’s energy; the production might suck you in, but it’s MNEK’s vocals that will get you on the dancefloor. There is no news on anything larger, but with a sound as refreshing as this, expect to hear more soon.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/11/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)