Technically, this isn’t MNEK‘s first DJBooth feature, but it does serve as his first real introduction. How can this be? In January, the London native put his own spin on somebody else’s work with the memorable Never Leave You (Lumidee Cover), but now he is back with an original. Hard to believe after a quick listen to Every Little Word? That’s probably because the self-produced, wobbling synth beat, littered with glossy bells and whistles, has a vintage sound straight out of the late 80’s or early 90’s. The dual threat artist’s energetic, passionate vocals take the record to the next level, displayed in both the venerable vibe and the track’s energy; the production might suck you in, but it’s MNEK’s vocals that will get you on the dancefloor. There is no news on anything larger, but with a sound as refreshing as this, expect to hear more soon.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/11/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.