If you turn on your radio to your local hip-hop station, more likely than not you’ll hear something more like bubble gum pouring through your speakers. Now there’s nothing wrong with the occasional catchy tune, but wouldn’t it be great if radio actually displayed some diversity and played music like the Money Making Jam Boys’ Tear It Down? MMJB, comprised of Roots frontman Black Thought, along with Dice Raw, P.O.R.N., STS and Truck North, are making their collective debut with Tear It Down, an instantly engaging cut produced by Khari Mateen, who supplies no shortage of high-hat heavy percussion and head-nodding horns. And with that many top flight emcees on deck, I don’t think I even have to vouch for the quality of the lyrical side of the equation. So with those facts in place, all we’re really left with are a couple questions. Who delivered the best mic performance? What will the title of the Money Making Jam Boys mixtape be, and when will it drop? The first question’s up to you, the second will be answered by DJBooth asap. Keep it locked.
Written by Jay Flowins on 01/11/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.