If you turn on your radio to your local hip-hop station, more likely than not you’ll hear something more like bubble gum pouring through your speakers. Now there’s nothing wrong with the occasional catchy tune, but wouldn’t it be great if radio actually displayed some diversity and played music like the Money Making Jam Boys’ Tear It Down? MMJB, comprised of Roots frontman Black Thought, along with Dice Raw, P.O.R.N., STS and Truck North, are making their collective debut with Tear It Down, an instantly engaging cut produced by Khari Mateen, who supplies no shortage of high-hat heavy percussion and head-nodding horns. And with that many top flight emcees on deck, I don’t think I even have to vouch for the quality of the lyrical side of the equation. So with those facts in place, all we’re really left with are a couple questions. Who delivered the best mic performance? What will the title of the Money Making Jam Boys mixtape be, and when will it drop? The first question’s up to you, the second will be answered by DJBooth asap. Keep it locked.
Written by Jay Flowins on 01/11/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.