The world has always loved a supergroup, and while not every high power collaboration has panned out (cough The Firm cough), there’s also no shortage of supergroups that have lit the game on fire: The original Murder Inc., Slaughterhouse, Lebron/Wade….you get the picture. The latest crew in this storied tradition is the Money Making Jam Boys, consisting of Philadelphia emcees Black Thought (of The Roots), Dice Raw, P.O.R.N., Truck North and ATL to Philly transplant STS, and today they’re back on our pages with their second Booth feature, Day Job (see also their Booth debut, Tear It Down). Khari Ferrari handles the production and delivers an uptempo banger fully equipped with drums and even a tambourine, while each member jumps in and literally coffins the beat, each taking as a stab at their own verse while STS handles the chant-friendly chorus. MMJB’s debut The Prestige: Jam Boy Music (presented by 10 Deep and mixed by Mick Boogie and Terry Urban) drops on February 3. Are MMJB one step closer to adding their names to the Supergroup Hall of Fame? That’s up to you.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 01/30/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.