Being admitted into the Maybach Music Group family isn’t just a matter of being able to rap. You’ve also gotta be Bout That Life. Not sure whether you fit the bill? Simply ride with Rick Ross and his clique for a night; if you’re not bankrupt by daybreak, then you just might be bout it. On the latest single off the label’s third collaborative set, Rozay and his signee, Meek Mill link up with two representatives of the Bad Boy family to craft a trunk-banging ode to conspicuous consumption. Label capo Diddy and rising star French Montana drop high-rolling guest bars over The MeKanics’ ominous trap beat, the latter arguably delivering the record’s standout verse. Even if you’re not about that life (I know I ain’t), this cut possesses a turnt up appeal that can’t be denied. If you’re feeling it, be sure to cop Self Made Vol. 3 when it hits record stores and online retailers next Tuesday, the 17th.
Written by richard on 09/11/13
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music Group/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Power Circle" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.