If you ask MMA, being C.O.O.L. isn’t simply a matter of cutting a fresh and fly figure. Making its world premiere right here in The DJBooth, the First in Flight State representative’s latest single finds him using the word as shorthand for an entire worldview and style of dealing with life’s struggles: “Concentratin’ Only On Levitatin’.” With Kooley High member Sinopsis’ appropriately chill sampled grooves bumping in the back, MMA packs decades’ worth of life wisdom into 16 bars, emphasizing the importance of remaining calm, learning from mistakes, and “lookin’ toward the future but focusin’ on the present.” Booth fave King Mez presents himself as an object lesson in C.O.O.L.-ness on the middle, stressing his desire to stay humble in the face of growing success, and Booth newcomer Mr. Ivory Snow brings the record to a close with a witty, down-to-earth account of his hustle to get ahead in the music game. Has MMA succeeded in elevating your mindstate with his latest effort? More hot beats and lyrical food for thought await on MMA’s Everlasting Life LP, set for release February 28, 2012.
Written by richard on 12/22/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'll Be Good" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.