Booth newcomer ML (aka Mickey Lightfoot) may have “L.O.S.T. his way,” according to his latest single, but that ain’t necessarily a bad thing. In fact, the London buzzmaker should count himself lucky that his wanderings have led him to the Booth, where he’ll find a receptive audience for his creative hybrid of hip-hop and soul. Part of the artist’s forthcoming EP, this cut finds him showcasing his skills on both sides of the mixing boards, teaming up with Akara to craft a densely-layered electro-pop backdrop for his unique vocals (Think Thelonious London with a dash of Kid CuDi and a British accent.). UK rhymesayer Darq E. Freeker contributes some flowed bars, and Nahse Ittahb assists ML in creating the quirky video, which is constructed from a series of animated GIFs. For more, check out the headliner’s To Kill a Flockin Bird EP when it hits record stores and online retailers Tuesday, October 7.
Written by richard on 09/25/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)