Booth newcomer ML (aka Mickey Lightfoot) may have “L.O.S.T. his way,” according to his latest single, but that ain’t necessarily a bad thing. In fact, the London buzzmaker should count himself lucky that his wanderings have led him to the Booth, where he’ll find a receptive audience for his creative hybrid of hip-hop and soul. Part of the artist’s forthcoming EP, this cut finds him showcasing his skills on both sides of the mixing boards, teaming up with Akara to craft a densely-layered electro-pop backdrop for his unique vocals (Think Thelonious London with a dash of Kid CuDi and a British accent.). UK rhymesayer Darq E. Freeker contributes some flowed bars, and Nahse Ittahb assists ML in creating the quirky video, which is constructed from a series of animated GIFs. For more, check out the headliner’s To Kill a Flockin Bird EP when it hits record stores and online retailers Tuesday, October 7.
Written by richard on 09/25/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.