Sunglasses have been used as the theme to many a song; Jagged Edge sang about their Stunnas, The Federation took it a step further and rapped about wearing their Stunnas at Nite, and most recently girl-group Cherish got dolled-up and Framed Out. Now, joining that sunglass-loving list of artists is legendary Memphis rapper, MJG, who talks about his Shades on the first single from his forthcoming solo album, This Might Be The Day. Over a beat from in-house producer, T Mack, MJG explains his love for the trendy facial accessory, even going into detail to explain why they must match his outfits. While the song (and most likely the project) will seem different without rap partner, 8-Ball, MJG excitedly ventures forward with this first release off his own indie label, MJG Muzik.
Written by DJ Z on 03/25/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.