Sunglasses have been used as the theme to many a song; Jagged Edge sang about their Stunnas, The Federation took it a step further and rapped about wearing their Stunnas at Nite, and most recently girl-group Cherish got dolled-up and Framed Out. Now, joining that sunglass-loving list of artists is legendary Memphis rapper, MJG, who talks about his Shades on the first single from his forthcoming solo album, This Might Be The Day. Over a beat from in-house producer, T Mack, MJG explains his love for the trendy facial accessory, even going into detail to explain why they must match his outfits. While the song (and most likely the project) will seem different without rap partner, 8-Ball, MJG excitedly ventures forward with this first release off his own indie label, MJG Muzik.
Listen to More: MJG Written by DJ Z
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.