Sunglasses have been used as the theme to many a song; Jagged Edge sang about their Stunnas, The Federation took it a step further and rapped about wearing their Stunnas at Nite, and most recently girl-group Cherish got dolled-up and Framed Out. Now, joining that sunglass-loving list of artists is legendary Memphis rapper, MJG, who talks about his Shades on the first single from his forthcoming solo album, This Might Be The Day. Over a beat from in-house producer, T Mack, MJG explains his love for the trendy facial accessory, even going into detail to explain why they must match his outfits. While the song (and most likely the project) will seem different without rap partner, 8-Ball, MJG excitedly ventures forward with this first release off his own indie label, MJG Muzik.
Written by DJ Z on 03/25/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.