The onomatopoeia “bang” typically signifies something grim or dangerous. For example, a gun shot being let off or a door being slammed or in New Jersey spitter MIZ‘s case the title of his third DJBooth feature. While the emcee’s new record, Bang, Bang, may not necessarily be grim or dangerous, MIZ surely doesn’t hold back on telling it like it really is. In the song’s final verse, the Booth newcomer goes all out as he raps, “Running over silly rappers in a dump truck/ So after I kill ‘em I put ‘em where they belong chump.” The string-heavy production on the record, which comes courtesy of Baby Paul aka BpZy, thankfully keeps Bang, Bang from becoming far too ominous to enjoy. You can find this single and much more on the Jersey rhymesayer’s forthcoming Downtown 81 mixtape, which as of now sits without a release date.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/21/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.