The onomatopoeia “bang” typically signifies something grim or dangerous. For example, a gun shot being let off or a door being slammed or in New Jersey spitter MIZ‘s case the title of his third DJBooth feature. While the emcee’s new record, Bang, Bang, may not necessarily be grim or dangerous, MIZ surely doesn’t hold back on telling it like it really is. In the song’s final verse, the Booth newcomer goes all out as he raps, “Running over silly rappers in a dump truck/ So after I kill ‘em I put ‘em where they belong chump.” The string-heavy production on the record, which comes courtesy of Baby Paul aka BpZy, thankfully keeps Bang, Bang from becoming far too ominous to enjoy. You can find this single and much more on the Jersey rhymesayer’s forthcoming Downtown 81 mixtape, which as of now sits without a release date.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/21/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.