The onomatopoeia “bang” typically signifies something grim or dangerous. For example, a gun shot being let off or a door being slammed or in New Jersey spitter MIZ‘s case the title of his third DJBooth feature. While the emcee’s new record, Bang, Bang, may not necessarily be grim or dangerous, MIZ surely doesn’t hold back on telling it like it really is. In the song’s final verse, the Booth newcomer goes all out as he raps, “Running over silly rappers in a dump truck/ So after I kill ‘em I put ‘em where they belong chump.” The string-heavy production on the record, which comes courtesy of Baby Paul aka BpZy, thankfully keeps Bang, Bang from becoming far too ominous to enjoy. You can find this single and much more on the Jersey rhymesayer’s forthcoming Downtown 81 mixtape, which as of now sits without a release date.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/21/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.