As fun as haphazard punchline-fests can be, there’s something to be said for an emcee who can go in and Connect the Dots, delivering verses that flow seamlessly from one line to the next. If you’ve been searching for new tunes by an artist who aspires to that level of craftsmanship, then the latest single from Ontario-based Booth newcomer MisterE may be just what the doctor ordered. Here, the rapper/producer’s own eclectically catchy, guitar-brass-synth boardwork sets the stage for braggadocious bars that, thanks to his attention to detail and intricate rhyme schemes, only sound fresher on repeat listens. “Intertwine rhymes while I’m sippin’ fine wine, very dope – the ‘E’ could stand for Mr. Einstein.” DJ Uncle Fester ties it all together, contributing some old-school cuts on the front and back. Has this joint inspired you to pursue further investigations into MisterE’s musical oeuvre? Then grab a copy of the emcee’s latest mixtape, Dusting for Prints, right here.
Written by richard on 09/13/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.