As fun as haphazard punchline-fests can be, there’s something to be said for an emcee who can go in and Connect the Dots, delivering verses that flow seamlessly from one line to the next. If you’ve been searching for new tunes by an artist who aspires to that level of craftsmanship, then the latest single from Ontario-based Booth newcomer MisterE may be just what the doctor ordered. Here, the rapper/producer’s own eclectically catchy, guitar-brass-synth boardwork sets the stage for braggadocious bars that, thanks to his attention to detail and intricate rhyme schemes, only sound fresher on repeat listens. “Intertwine rhymes while I’m sippin’ fine wine, very dope – the ‘E’ could stand for Mr. Einstein.” DJ Uncle Fester ties it all together, contributing some old-school cuts on the front and back. Has this joint inspired you to pursue further investigations into MisterE’s musical oeuvre? Then grab a copy of the emcee’s latest mixtape, Dusting for Prints, right here.
Written by richard on 09/13/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.