As fun as haphazard punchline-fests can be, there’s something to be said for an emcee who can go in and Connect the Dots, delivering verses that flow seamlessly from one line to the next. If you’ve been searching for new tunes by an artist who aspires to that level of craftsmanship, then the latest single from Ontario-based Booth newcomer MisterE may be just what the doctor ordered. Here, the rapper/producer’s own eclectically catchy, guitar-brass-synth boardwork sets the stage for braggadocious bars that, thanks to his attention to detail and intricate rhyme schemes, only sound fresher on repeat listens. “Intertwine rhymes while I’m sippin’ fine wine, very dope – the ‘E’ could stand for Mr. Einstein.” DJ Uncle Fester ties it all together, contributing some old-school cuts on the front and back. Has this joint inspired you to pursue further investigations into MisterE’s musical oeuvre? Then grab a copy of the emcee’s latest mixtape, Dusting for Prints, right here.
Written by richard on 09/13/10
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.