Mistah F.A.B.‘s last feature, released way back in September of ‘09, found the Bay Area mainstay beckoning listeners to “Follow Me” as he showed us the ugly truth beneath his hometown’s glossy facade. As edifying as a walk through the ‘hood can be, though, nobody’s quite immune to the mystical allure of bright those lights; on his latest promo single the Hyphy veteran shows us the other side of the equation, waxing poetic about the fun and excitement of revelry-filled City Nights. Over The Cataracs’ infectiously breezy blend of ebulliant synths, guitar licks and driving percussion as F.A.B. lists off the many exciting destinations on his outrageously inefficient itinerary: “Brooklyn, Detroit, Boston / Seattle, Denver, Austin” (It’s almost as if he’s choosing destinations based on which cities’ names rhyme.. nah, that’s just crazy.) Nappy Boy general T-Pain handles guest duties, doing his best Roger Troutman impression on the chorus. So, time for Booth readers to weigh in: is this bubbly style a good look for F.A.B.? If you’re digging it, then be sure to keep it locked for all the latest from the West Coast repper.
Written by richard on 07/27/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Party On ft. Snoop Dogg" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.