Since our omniscient groundhog has predicted that this cold weather is heading out of the States sooner than later (either that or he just made a rash decision so he could stop freezing and go back into his hole), why not have summer music start in February? Mista Mista knows what I’m talking about judging by his new single Cheers, a track that already has me thinking of whiskey sours on a yacht in the Gulf of Mexico (a man can dream, right?). Backed by an upbeat instrumental from The University, Mista recruits fellow Rhode Islander Crucial for a celebration of enjoyable proportions as they bounce back and forth over an equally catchy hook, courtesy of Booth-fave Young Scolla. I can only hope that my eardrums will sync up with the climate so I can break out the SPF 120 and flip flops in the next month. If you liked toasting with this track, be sure to keep a lookout for Mista’s next project, Above It All, dropping in July.
Written by Sigurd on 02/8/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All In" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.