Staying in your lane may be a good strategy on the freeway but, when you’re as restlessly creative as Missy Elliott, focusing on one thing to the exclusion of all else is flat-out boring. Thus, the veteran femcee’s decided to celebrate multiplicity with the release of not one but two new, Timbaland-produced singles off her forthcoming comeback album. Released along with 9th Inning, also featured today in the Booth, Triple Threat is a celebration of the artist’s versatility. Backed by Timbo’s baroque string/synth arpeggios, Misdemeanor touts her mastery of rapping, singing and dancing (producing and acting didn’t make the cut, probably because “quintuple threat”doesn’t sound catchy enough), as well as her ablity to knock back three liters of margaritas in a single sitting. Fans will be able to find Triple Threat, 9th Inning and much more on Elliott’s Block Party LP, scheduled to drop sometime this winter.
Written by richard on 09/18/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Me Or Hate Me (Remix) ft. Missy Elliot" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)