Staying in your lane may be a good strategy on the freeway but, when you’re as restlessly creative as Missy Elliott, focusing on one thing to the exclusion of all else is flat-out boring. Thus, the veteran femcee’s decided to celebrate multiplicity with the release of not one but two new, Timbaland-produced singles off her forthcoming comeback album. Released along with 9th Inning, also featured today in the Booth, Triple Threat is a celebration of the artist’s versatility. Backed by Timbo’s baroque string/synth arpeggios, Misdemeanor touts her mastery of rapping, singing and dancing (producing and acting didn’t make the cut, probably because “quintuple threat”doesn’t sound catchy enough), as well as her ablity to knock back three liters of margaritas in a single sitting. Fans will be able to find Triple Threat, 9th Inning and much more on Elliott’s Block Party LP, scheduled to drop sometime this winter.
Written by richard on 09/18/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Me Or Hate Me (Remix)" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)