Staying in your lane may be a good strategy on the freeway but, when you’re as restlessly creative as Missy Elliott, focusing on one thing to the exclusion of all else is flat-out boring. Thus, the veteran femcee’s decided to celebrate multiplicity with the release of not one but two new, Timbaland-produced singles off her forthcoming comeback album. Released along with 9th Inning, also featured today in the Booth, Triple Threat is a celebration of the artist’s versatility. Backed by Timbo’s baroque string/synth arpeggios, Misdemeanor touts her mastery of rapping, singing and dancing (producing and acting didn’t make the cut, probably because “quintuple threat”doesn’t sound catchy enough), as well as her ablity to knock back three liters of margaritas in a single sitting. Fans will be able to find Triple Threat, 9th Inning and much more on Elliott’s Block Party LP, scheduled to drop sometime this winter.
Written by richard on 09/18/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Me Or Hate Me (Remix) ft. Missy Elliot" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.