If you make a list of every successful female rapper (who also happens to produce records), the total number of artists that list should read is ‘1.’ And of course, that numero uno equals Missy Elliot. On Tuesday, the soundtrack to Step Up 2: The Streets will land in stores. The compilation, which features various artists from all of WMG’s labels, is highlighted by two brand new Missy Elliot songs. They include the previously heard Ching-A-Ling and the newly released, Shake Your Pom Pom. Co-produced by Elliot and longtime collaborator, Timbaland, the big-band sound is catchy and should get the wheels spinning for a creative music video. Missy will release her 7th studio album in late spring off Atlantic Records.
Written by DJ Z on 02/3/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Me Or Hate Me (Remix)" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.