If you make a list of every successful female rapper (who also happens to produce records), the total number of artists that list should read is ‘1.’ And of course, that numero uno equals Missy Elliot. On Tuesday, the soundtrack to Step Up 2: The Streets will land in stores. The compilation, which features various artists from all of WMG’s labels, is highlighted by two brand new Missy Elliot songs. They include the previously heard Ching-A-Ling and the newly released, Shake Your Pom Pom. Co-produced by Elliot and longtime collaborator, Timbaland, the big-band sound is catchy and should get the wheels spinning for a creative music video. Missy will release her 7th studio album in late spring off Atlantic Records.
Written by DJ Z on 02/3/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Me Or Hate Me (Remix)" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)