If you make a list of every successful female rapper (who also happens to produce records), the total number of artists that list should read is ‘1.’ And of course, that numero uno equals Missy Elliot. On Tuesday, the soundtrack to Step Up 2: The Streets will land in stores. The compilation, which features various artists from all of WMG’s labels, is highlighted by two brand new Missy Elliot songs. They include the previously heard Ching-A-Ling and the newly released, Shake Your Pom Pom. Co-produced by Elliot and longtime collaborator, Timbaland, the big-band sound is catchy and should get the wheels spinning for a creative music video. Missy will release her 7th studio album in late spring off Atlantic Records.
Written by DJ Z on 02/3/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Me Or Hate Me (Remix) ft. Missy Elliot" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.