If you make a list of every successful female rapper (who also happens to produce records), the total number of artists that list should read is ‘1.’ And of course, that numero uno equals Missy Elliot. On Tuesday, the soundtrack to Step Up 2: The Streets will land in stores. The compilation, which features various artists from all of WMG’s labels, is highlighted by two brand new Missy Elliot songs. They include the previously heard Ching-A-Ling and the newly released, Shake Your Pom Pom. Co-produced by Elliot and longtime collaborator, Timbaland, the big-band sound is catchy and should get the wheels spinning for a creative music video. Missy will release her 7th studio album in late spring off Atlantic Records.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Me Or Hate Me (Remix) ft. Missy Elliot" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.