If you make a list of every successful female rapper (who also happens to produce records), the total number of artists that list should read is ‘1.’ And of course, that numero uno equals Missy Elliot. On Tuesday, the soundtrack to Step Up 2: The Streets will land in stores. The compilation, which features various artists from all of WMG’s labels, is highlighted by two brand new Missy Elliot songs. They include the previously heard Ching-A-Ling and the newly released, Shake Your Pom Pom. Co-produced by Elliot and longtime collaborator, Timbaland, the big-band sound is catchy and should get the wheels spinning for a creative music video. Missy will release her 7th studio album in late spring off Atlantic Records.
Written by DJ Z on 02/3/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Me Or Hate Me (Remix) ft. Missy Elliot" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.