Promotional work has finally started for Missy Elliot‘s long-awaited seventh studio album, Block Party, whose first official single has hit the Booth. Working in her widely-appealing R&B mode, the ultra-creative Virginia native uses her “soulfully playful” vocals to describe how her man is the Best Best. Together with her longtime producer’s protégé, Danja, who gives the record a true eclectic feel, Missy has set up Best, Best to be a smash at radio like most of her previous singles post ‘97. Before the summer winds down, mark your calendars for her Block Party; it hits stores and online retailers in late August.
Written by Burmy on 06/15/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Me Or Hate Me (Remix) ft. Missy Elliot" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.