Promotional work has finally started for Missy Elliot‘s long-awaited seventh studio album, Block Party, whose first official single has hit the Booth. Working in her widely-appealing R&B mode, the ultra-creative Virginia native uses her “soulfully playful” vocals to describe how her man is the Best Best. Together with her longtime producer’s protégé, Danja, who gives the record a true eclectic feel, Missy has set up Best, Best to be a smash at radio like most of her previous singles post ‘97. Before the summer winds down, mark your calendars for her Block Party; it hits stores and online retailers in late August.
Written by Burmy on 06/15/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Me Or Hate Me (Remix)" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.