Promotional work has finally started for Missy Elliot‘s long-awaited seventh studio album, Block Party, whose first official single has hit the Booth. Working in her widely-appealing R&B mode, the ultra-creative Virginia native uses her “soulfully playful” vocals to describe how her man is the Best Best. Together with her longtime producer’s protégé, Danja, who gives the record a true eclectic feel, Missy has set up Best, Best to be a smash at radio like most of her previous singles post ‘97. Before the summer winds down, mark your calendars for her Block Party; it hits stores and online retailers in late August.
Written by Burmy on 06/15/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Me Or Hate Me (Remix) ft. Missy Elliot" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.