Promotional work has finally started for Missy Elliot‘s long-awaited seventh studio album, Block Party, whose first official single has hit the Booth. Working in her widely-appealing R&B mode, the ultra-creative Virginia native uses her “soulfully playful” vocals to describe how her man is the Best Best. Together with her longtime producer’s protégé, Danja, who gives the record a true eclectic feel, Missy has set up Best, Best to be a smash at radio like most of her previous singles post ‘97. Before the summer winds down, mark your calendars for her Block Party; it hits stores and online retailers in late August.
Written by Burmy on 06/15/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Me Or Hate Me (Remix)" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.