Promotional work has finally started for Missy Elliot‘s long-awaited seventh studio album, Block Party, whose first official single has hit the Booth. Working in her widely-appealing R&B mode, the ultra-creative Virginia native uses her “soulfully playful” vocals to describe how her man is the Best Best. Together with her longtime producer’s protégé, Danja, who gives the record a true eclectic feel, Missy has set up Best, Best to be a smash at radio like most of her previous singles post ‘97. Before the summer winds down, mark your calendars for her Block Party; it hits stores and online retailers in late August.
Written by Burmy on 06/15/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Me Or Hate Me (Remix)" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.