It’s been more than a year since R&B singer Mishon brought us his first (and, to date, only) Booth feature, school dance-ready single Excuse Me Mama. Though the teenage up-and-comer’s freshman set is still a ways from release, it seems that his romantic life couldn’t be better – in fact, he and his girl are getting along so well that he’s ready to take the next big step: letting her “Rock My Chain.” Leaked to the ‘net this past spring, this new single finds the up-and-comer in top form, showcasing the same soulful vocal stylings that elicited a cavalcade of Chris Brown comparisons from Booth readers back in fall ‘08. Tied together with Hit Boy‘s tuneful boardwork, which builds from mellow bells and stomp-clap percussion to a climactic, string-backed chorus, this puppy-love anthem has all the makings of a smash. Mishon’s debut album, The Yearbook, was recently pushed back to a February 2, 2010 release date, but in the meantime fans can keep it locked to the front page for all the latest from this rising R&B star.
Listen to More: Mishon
Written by richard on 10/13/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.