It’s been more than a year since R&B singer Mishon brought us his first (and, to date, only) Booth feature, school dance-ready single Excuse Me Mama. Though the teenage up-and-comer’s freshman set is still a ways from release, it seems that his romantic life couldn’t be better – in fact, he and his girl are getting along so well that he’s ready to take the next big step: letting her “Rock My Chain.” Leaked to the ‘net this past spring, this new single finds the up-and-comer in top form, showcasing the same soulful vocal stylings that elicited a cavalcade of Chris Brown comparisons from Booth readers back in fall ‘08. Tied together with Hit Boy‘s tuneful boardwork, which builds from mellow bells and stomp-clap percussion to a climactic, string-backed chorus, this puppy-love anthem has all the makings of a smash. Mishon’s debut album, The Yearbook, was recently pushed back to a February 2, 2010 release date, but in the meantime fans can keep it locked to the front page for all the latest from this rising R&B star.
Listen to More: Mishon Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Excuse Me Mama" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.