It’s been more than a year since R&B singer Mishon brought us his first (and, to date, only) Booth feature, school dance-ready single Excuse Me Mama. Though the teenage up-and-comer’s freshman set is still a ways from release, it seems that his romantic life couldn’t be better – in fact, he and his girl are getting along so well that he’s ready to take the next big step: letting her “Rock My Chain.” Leaked to the ‘net this past spring, this new single finds the up-and-comer in top form, showcasing the same soulful vocal stylings that elicited a cavalcade of Chris Brown comparisons from Booth readers back in fall ‘08. Tied together with Hit Boy‘s tuneful boardwork, which builds from mellow bells and stomp-clap percussion to a climactic, string-backed chorus, this puppy-love anthem has all the makings of a smash. Mishon’s debut album, The Yearbook, was recently pushed back to a February 2, 2010 release date, but in the meantime fans can keep it locked to the front page for all the latest from this rising R&B star.
Written by richard on 10/13/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.