It’s been more than a year since R&B singer Mishon brought us his first (and, to date, only) Booth feature, school dance-ready single Excuse Me Mama. Though the teenage up-and-comer’s freshman set is still a ways from release, it seems that his romantic life couldn’t be better – in fact, he and his girl are getting along so well that he’s ready to take the next big step: letting her “Rock My Chain.” Leaked to the ‘net this past spring, this new single finds the up-and-comer in top form, showcasing the same soulful vocal stylings that elicited a cavalcade of Chris Brown comparisons from Booth readers back in fall ‘08. Tied together with Hit Boy‘s tuneful boardwork, which builds from mellow bells and stomp-clap percussion to a climactic, string-backed chorus, this puppy-love anthem has all the makings of a smash. Mishon’s debut album, The Yearbook, was recently pushed back to a February 2, 2010 release date, but in the meantime fans can keep it locked to the front page for all the latest from this rising R&B star.
Written by richard on 10/13/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)