It’s been more than a year since R&B singer Mishon brought us his first (and, to date, only) Booth feature, school dance-ready single Excuse Me Mama. Though the teenage up-and-comer’s freshman set is still a ways from release, it seems that his romantic life couldn’t be better – in fact, he and his girl are getting along so well that he’s ready to take the next big step: letting her “Rock My Chain.” Leaked to the ‘net this past spring, this new single finds the up-and-comer in top form, showcasing the same soulful vocal stylings that elicited a cavalcade of Chris Brown comparisons from Booth readers back in fall ‘08. Tied together with Hit Boy‘s tuneful boardwork, which builds from mellow bells and stomp-clap percussion to a climactic, string-backed chorus, this puppy-love anthem has all the makings of a smash. Mishon’s debut album, The Yearbook, was recently pushed back to a February 2, 2010 release date, but in the meantime fans can keep it locked to the front page for all the latest from this rising R&B star.
Written by richard on 10/13/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.