Every few years, a male teenage artist hits the R&B scene; in just two singles, the kid can easily go from “We Got Next” to “Industry Heavyweight”. Hoping to be the next in that tradition, 15-year old Mishon has signed with Interscope Records and is preparing for the 2009 release of his debut album, The Yearbook. On Excuse Me Mama, the Los Angeles native goes to the mall for a back-to-school sale when he spots a young girl with her mother. Battling a sudden case of cold feet, Mishon tries to catch her when she’s with nobody else—and hopes to beat the clock, since the mall’s closing soon. Written by Dwight “Kingpin” Watson and produced by Sho, expect Excuse Me Mama to get heavy requests at upcoming school dances.
Listen to More: Mishon Written by Burmy
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rock My Chain" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.