Every few years, a male teenage artist hits the R&B scene; in just two singles, the kid can easily go from “We Got Next” to “Industry Heavyweight”. Hoping to be the next in that tradition, 15-year old Mishon has signed with Interscope Records and is preparing for the 2009 release of his debut album, The Yearbook. On Excuse Me Mama, the Los Angeles native goes to the mall for a back-to-school sale when he spots a young girl with her mother. Battling a sudden case of cold feet, Mishon tries to catch her when she’s with nobody else—and hopes to beat the clock, since the mall’s closing soon. Written by Dwight “Kingpin” Watson and produced by Sho, expect Excuse Me Mama to get heavy requests at upcoming school dances.
Listen to More: Mishon
Written by Burmy on 09/9/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rock My Chain" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.