I could break down everything about first time The DJBooth featurees MIRK. I could name each of the band’s seven members, and mention that frontman and producer Josh “Mirk” Mirsky first got his start selling his Crispy Benjamins track to Jay-Z, but ultimately all that matters is that the hip-hop powerhouse group makes some truly Beautiful music. In true live instrument hip-hop fashion, Beautiful is built around a strong drum line (Stephen) locked in with a rolling bass line (Kate) and topped off with edgy guitar work (Mike), driving key work (Andy) and brassy sax playing (Chris). Beautiful’s human element is provided by Josh, who kicks off the festivities with some conversational rhymes, Tara’s soaring vocals and a laid back guest verse from the Lost Boyz vet Mr. Cheeks. (Pats self on back for working in every member of MIRK.) Is there really anything more Beautiful than that many people coming together to make dope hip-hop? That was a rhetorical question – no there’s not. Those feeling similarly won over should cop the crew’s Fame-ish mixtape when it drops tomorrow, followed by the March arrival of their GRIND full-length album.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/23/12
Foster House Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.