I could break down everything about first time The DJBooth featurees MIRK. I could name each of the band’s seven members, and mention that frontman and producer Josh “Mirk” Mirsky first got his start selling his Crispy Benjamins track to Jay-Z, but ultimately all that matters is that the hip-hop powerhouse group makes some truly Beautiful music. In true live instrument hip-hop fashion, Beautiful is built around a strong drum line (Stephen) locked in with a rolling bass line (Kate) and topped off with edgy guitar work (Mike), driving key work (Andy) and brassy sax playing (Chris). Beautiful’s human element is provided by Josh, who kicks off the festivities with some conversational rhymes, Tara’s soaring vocals and a laid back guest verse from the Lost Boyz vet Mr. Cheeks. (Pats self on back for working in every member of MIRK.) Is there really anything more Beautiful than that many people coming together to make dope hip-hop? That was a rhetorical question – no there’s not. Those feeling similarly won over should cop the crew’s Fame-ish mixtape when it drops tomorrow, followed by the March arrival of their GRIND full-length album.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/23/12
Submit your Rating
Foster House Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.