There are many ways for an emerging artist to get clicks from potential fans: collaborating with a known quantity, cultivating a controversial image, et cetera. Booth newcomer Miriam Bryant? She prefers the direct route. Listeners who do as the title of the Swedish singer/songwriter’s latest single says and Push Play are unlikely to regret their decision. Featuring an emotionally-charged vocal performance from the 21-year-old artist and some sweeping, maximalist production by Victor Rådström, the record seems to have all the makings of a hit. Or do my ears deceive me? As always, Booth readers get to lay down the final verdict. Push Play is set for inclusion on forthcoming full-length Raised in Rain, scheduled to drop March 25, in Scandinavian countries and April 26, in Germany. There’s no word yet on a Stateside drop date, but y’all will be the first to know if and when that changes.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.