There are many ways for an emerging artist to get clicks from potential fans: collaborating with a known quantity, cultivating a controversial image, et cetera. Booth newcomer Miriam Bryant? She prefers the direct route. Listeners who do as the title of the Swedish singer/songwriter’s latest single says and Push Play are unlikely to regret their decision. Featuring an emotionally-charged vocal performance from the 21-year-old artist and some sweeping, maximalist production by Victor Rådström, the record seems to have all the makings of a hit. Or do my ears deceive me? As always, Booth readers get to lay down the final verdict. Push Play is set for inclusion on forthcoming full-length Raised in Rain, scheduled to drop March 25, in Scandinavian countries and April 26, in Germany. There’s no word yet on a Stateside drop date, but y’all will be the first to know if and when that changes.
Written by richard on 02/8/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.