There are many ways for an emerging artist to get clicks from potential fans: collaborating with a known quantity, cultivating a controversial image, et cetera. Booth newcomer Miriam Bryant? She prefers the direct route. Listeners who do as the title of the Swedish singer/songwriter’s latest single says and Push Play are unlikely to regret their decision. Featuring an emotionally-charged vocal performance from the 21-year-old artist and some sweeping, maximalist production by Victor Rådström, the record seems to have all the makings of a hit. Or do my ears deceive me? As always, Booth readers get to lay down the final verdict. Push Play is set for inclusion on forthcoming full-length Raised in Rain, scheduled to drop March 25, in Scandinavian countries and April 26, in Germany. There’s no word yet on a Stateside drop date, but y’all will be the first to know if and when that changes.
Written by richard on 02/8/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.