There are many ways for an emerging artist to get clicks from potential fans: collaborating with a known quantity, cultivating a controversial image, et cetera. Booth newcomer Miriam Bryant? She prefers the direct route. Listeners who do as the title of the Swedish singer/songwriter’s latest single says and Push Play are unlikely to regret their decision. Featuring an emotionally-charged vocal performance from the 21-year-old artist and some sweeping, maximalist production by Victor Rådström, the record seems to have all the makings of a hit. Or do my ears deceive me? As always, Booth readers get to lay down the final verdict. Push Play is set for inclusion on forthcoming full-length Raised in Rain, scheduled to drop March 25, in Scandinavian countries and April 26, in Germany. There’s no word yet on a Stateside drop date, but y’all will be the first to know if and when that changes.
Written by richard on 02/8/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.