In discussions of music, being a Hater is something almost nobody will cop to; you’d be all but admitting you’d abandoned reasoned discussion in favor of pursuing a personal vendetta against an artist. In the romantic arena, no such critical distance is expected. Par exemple, you hardly need a good reason to despise the the man or woman who snatched your love from under your nose. On her latest promo single and first Booth feature, Miranda Brooke makes no bones about where she stands in relation to her ex-man’s new chick: “I don’t like her.” Sak Pase mans the boards, serving up a soothing R&B groove to back the singer as she vents her spleen at the happy couple. In the process, she exhibits a strong vocal presence—and, might I add, an impressive attention to detail: “Oh, is that my bracelet she’s wearing on her wrist? The one I wanted? Maybe I just wasn’t worth it.” Damn, that’s cold. With an easily-relatable theme and a fresh execution, I have a feeling that this jam will win Miranda Brooke anything but hate in the Booth. As always, though, the reader gets the final say. If you’re digging it, then keep it locked; while Hater isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, we’ll be sure to keep you posted on this talented up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 09/26/11
World Affiliated/Buvision/Def Jam
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)