In discussions of music, being a Hater is something almost nobody will cop to; you’d be all but admitting you’d abandoned reasoned discussion in favor of pursuing a personal vendetta against an artist. In the romantic arena, no such critical distance is expected. Par exemple, you hardly need a good reason to despise the the man or woman who snatched your love from under your nose. On her latest promo single and first Booth feature, Miranda Brooke makes no bones about where she stands in relation to her ex-man’s new chick: “I don’t like her.” Sak Pase mans the boards, serving up a soothing R&B groove to back the singer as she vents her spleen at the happy couple. In the process, she exhibits a strong vocal presence—and, might I add, an impressive attention to detail: “Oh, is that my bracelet she’s wearing on her wrist? The one I wanted? Maybe I just wasn’t worth it.” Damn, that’s cold. With an easily-relatable theme and a fresh execution, I have a feeling that this jam will win Miranda Brooke anything but hate in the Booth. As always, though, the reader gets the final say. If you’re digging it, then keep it locked; while Hater isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, we’ll be sure to keep you posted on this talented up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 09/26/11
Submit your Rating
World Affiliated/Buvision/Def Jam
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.