In discussions of music, being a Hater is something almost nobody will cop to; you’d be all but admitting you’d abandoned reasoned discussion in favor of pursuing a personal vendetta against an artist. In the romantic arena, no such critical distance is expected. Par exemple, you hardly need a good reason to despise the the man or woman who snatched your love from under your nose. On her latest promo single and first Booth feature, Miranda Brooke makes no bones about where she stands in relation to her ex-man’s new chick: “I don’t like her.” Sak Pase mans the boards, serving up a soothing R&B groove to back the singer as she vents her spleen at the happy couple. In the process, she exhibits a strong vocal presence—and, might I add, an impressive attention to detail: “Oh, is that my bracelet she’s wearing on her wrist? The one I wanted? Maybe I just wasn’t worth it.” Damn, that’s cold. With an easily-relatable theme and a fresh execution, I have a feeling that this jam will win Miranda Brooke anything but hate in the Booth. As always, though, the reader gets the final say. If you’re digging it, then keep it locked; while Hater isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, we’ll be sure to keep you posted on this talented up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 09/26/11
Submit your Rating
World Affiliated/Buvision/Def Jam
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.