In discussions of music, being a Hater is something almost nobody will cop to; you’d be all but admitting you’d abandoned reasoned discussion in favor of pursuing a personal vendetta against an artist. In the romantic arena, no such critical distance is expected. Par exemple, you hardly need a good reason to despise the the man or woman who snatched your love from under your nose. On her latest promo single and first Booth feature, Miranda Brooke makes no bones about where she stands in relation to her ex-man’s new chick: “I don’t like her.” Sak Pase mans the boards, serving up a soothing R&B groove to back the singer as she vents her spleen at the happy couple. In the process, she exhibits a strong vocal presence—and, might I add, an impressive attention to detail: “Oh, is that my bracelet she’s wearing on her wrist? The one I wanted? Maybe I just wasn’t worth it.” Damn, that’s cold. With an easily-relatable theme and a fresh execution, I have a feeling that this jam will win Miranda Brooke anything but hate in the Booth. As always, though, the reader gets the final say. If you’re digging it, then keep it locked; while Hater isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, we’ll be sure to keep you posted on this talented up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 09/26/11
Submit your Rating
World Affiliated/Buvision/Def Jam
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.