Colloquially, the term “Fools Gold” is often used to refer to something that initially seems valuable, but is actually worthless. Which is unfair, because pyrite is a dope mineral in its own right. Anyway, what you see with Miny is exactly what you get: she looks like a talented up-and-comer and, sure enough, her Booth debut is extremely promising. In fast-paced, emotionally-powerful bars, the Tempe, Arizona repper likens her pursuit of success in the rap game to a romantic attraction she can never be sure is requited. Fellow Grand Canyon State emcee Collins contributes a similarly passionate second verse, and Marathon lends his vocals to the chorus. Feeling it? More awaits on Miny’s debut mixtape, Demon, available online as of July 29.
Written by richard on 08/27/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.