Colloquially, the term “Fools Gold” is often used to refer to something that initially seems valuable, but is actually worthless. Which is unfair, because pyrite is a dope mineral in its own right. Anyway, what you see with Miny is exactly what you get: she looks like a talented up-and-comer and, sure enough, her Booth debut is extremely promising. In fast-paced, emotionally-powerful bars, the Tempe, Arizona repper likens her pursuit of success in the rap game to a romantic attraction she can never be sure is requited. Fellow Grand Canyon State emcee Collins contributes a similarly passionate second verse, and Marathon lends his vocals to the chorus. Feeling it? More awaits on Miny’s debut mixtape, Demon, available online as of July 29.
Written by richard on 08/27/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.