As an up-and-coming rapper striving to carve out his niche in the hip-hop game, Minty Burns isn’t exactly in a position to settle down just yet. Lately, though, his girl’s been trying to take over his life, as well as his bank account. On new single Higher Ground, the T-Dot rhymesayer formerly known as Jr. Mint punctures her delusions as gently as he’s able, making clear that, for the moment, his career’s going to have to be priority numero uno. Joining the headliner over Caddy Of The Sky‘s head-noddable sample work, Shreveport, L.A.‘s Christian’Dee describes his own romantic situation in a deftly-flowed closing 16. Long-awaited mixtape The Golden Ticket still awaits a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with further singles and release details as they emerge.
Written by richard on 02/18/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Bakery" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.