As an up-and-coming rapper striving to carve out his niche in the hip-hop game, Minty Burns isn’t exactly in a position to settle down just yet. Lately, though, his girl’s been trying to take over his life, as well as his bank account. On new single Higher Ground, the T-Dot rhymesayer formerly known as Jr. Mint punctures her delusions as gently as he’s able, making clear that, for the moment, his career’s going to have to be priority numero uno. Joining the headliner over Caddy Of The Sky‘s head-noddable sample work, Shreveport, L.A.‘s Christian’Dee describes his own romantic situation in a deftly-flowed closing 16. Long-awaited mixtape The Golden Ticket still awaits a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with further singles and release details as they emerge.
Written by richard on 02/18/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Bakery" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.