Tomorrow, The DJBooth and MajorStage will bring Toronto buzzmaker Minty Burns together with NYC mainstay The Incomparable Shakespeare for a show at Manhattan venue Drom. Upon meeting, the emcees hit it off so well that they were inspired to step into the recording booth together. The result, Gotta Get It, is a low-key meditation on the hustle. Backed by Pro Logic‘s resonant keys, the collaborators look back on the days when they were broke, and lord their recent successes over the people who once doubted them (“Don’t look for a handout, y’all ain’t never helped me… maybe when hell freeze.”). Get It is just a one-off, but fans can watch our pages for more from both of these talented underground rhymesayers.
Written by richard on 07/22/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Bakery" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.