Tomorrow, The DJBooth and MajorStage will bring Toronto buzzmaker Minty Burns together with NYC mainstay The Incomparable Shakespeare for a show at Manhattan venue Drom. Upon meeting, the emcees hit it off so well that they were inspired to step into the recording booth together. The result, Gotta Get It, is a low-key meditation on the hustle. Backed by Pro Logic‘s resonant keys, the collaborators look back on the days when they were broke, and lord their recent successes over the people who once doubted them (“Don’t look for a handout, y’all ain’t never helped me… maybe when hell freeze.”). Get It is just a one-off, but fans can watch our pages for more from both of these talented underground rhymesayers.
Written by richard on 07/22/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Bakery" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.