Tomorrow, The DJBooth and MajorStage will bring Toronto buzzmaker Minty Burns together with NYC mainstay The Incomparable Shakespeare for a show at Manhattan venue Drom. Upon meeting, the emcees hit it off so well that they were inspired to step into the recording booth together. The result, Gotta Get It, is a low-key meditation on the hustle. Backed by Pro Logic‘s resonant keys, the collaborators look back on the days when they were broke, and lord their recent successes over the people who once doubted them (“Don’t look for a handout, y’all ain’t never helped me… maybe when hell freeze.”). Get It is just a one-off, but fans can watch our pages for more from both of these talented underground rhymesayers.
Written by richard on 07/22/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Bakery" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.