It’s not often you get the unlikely combination of veteran and newcomer, but that’s what we have today in Counting, courtesy of Toronto native Minty Burns (formerly Jr. Mint). A classic suburban hip-hop jam, Counting finds Burns displaying a very spaced out, purposeful delivery, one that you could picture him spitting with a smirk across his face. He is juxtaposed by Chicago veteran GLC, who offers pounding rhymes and a heavy, balanced delivery over the hazy production stylings of Pro Logic. For more from the Canadian rhymesayer, fans must patiently wait until Burns’ brand new project, Golden Ticket, is released this fall through Belvia Records.
Written by Thomas K Welker on 07/31/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Bakery" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.