It’s not often you get the unlikely combination of veteran and newcomer, but that’s what we have today in Counting, courtesy of Toronto native Minty Burns (formerly Jr. Mint). A classic suburban hip-hop jam, Counting finds Burns displaying a very spaced out, purposeful delivery, one that you could picture him spitting with a smirk across his face. He is juxtaposed by Chicago veteran GLC, who offers pounding rhymes and a heavy, balanced delivery over the hazy production stylings of Pro Logic. For more from the Canadian rhymesayer, fans must patiently wait until Burns’ brand new project, Golden Ticket, is released this fall through Belvia Records.
Written by Thomas K Welker on 07/31/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Bakery" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.