If you ask Mine+Us and DJ Hoppa, the hip-hop game needs Detox. No, I’m not talking about Dr. Dre‘s mythical junior set. Disgusted by the state of the game today, the Arizona duo would like to see the genre put under lock and key till it’s sweated out all the harmful substances—materialism, political complacency, gun talk, unoriginality—currently polluting the airwaves. Critiques aren’t all they have to offer, however; Mine’s incisive bars, delivered over Hoppa’s soul-sampled production should be just the thing to satisfy those looking for an alternative to the status quo. EKP Pictures provides visuals to complement the cut. If you’re digging it, you can look forward to plenty more where this came from on the duo’s Everything Is A-Okay LP, released August 7, and available now for purchase on iTunes.
Written by richard on 10/24/12
Submit your Rating
Broken Complex Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everything is A-Okay" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)