If you ask Mine+Us and DJ Hoppa, the hip-hop game needs Detox. No, I’m not talking about Dr. Dre‘s mythical junior set. Disgusted by the state of the game today, the Arizona duo would like to see the genre put under lock and key till it’s sweated out all the harmful substances—materialism, political complacency, gun talk, unoriginality—currently polluting the airwaves. Critiques aren’t all they have to offer, however; Mine’s incisive bars, delivered over Hoppa’s soul-sampled production should be just the thing to satisfy those looking for an alternative to the status quo. EKP Pictures provides visuals to complement the cut. If you’re digging it, you can look forward to plenty more where this came from on the duo’s Everything Is A-Okay LP, released August 7, and available now for purchase on iTunes.
Broken Complex Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everything is A-Okay" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!