Sometimes, you get sick of heady concepts and lyrical pyrotechnics, and you just want to listen to a catchy Pop song. If you’re having one of those days, you may want to hit the “back” button; despite what its title might suggest, the latest joint promo single from rap duo MindsOne and producer Kev Brown (their Booth debut as collaborators) is about as far as you can get from bubblegum. Brown’s boom-bap flavored beat, peppered with old-school cuts by DJ Noumenon, sets the mood as partners-in-rhyme KON Sci and Tronic share tightly-wound reflections on consumerism, anti-intellectualism, racial discrimination and more. NYC underground mainstay Homeboy Sandman turns in a similarly sophisticated performance on the guest tip. Craving more? You’ll find what you seek on the headliners’ forthcoming
album 14-track EP, Pillars, released yesterday to record stores and online retailers.
Written by richard on 04/2/14
Submit your Rating
Lo Phi Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Code of Ethics" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.