Sometimes, you get sick of heady concepts and lyrical pyrotechnics, and you just want to listen to a catchy Pop song. If you’re having one of those days, you may want to hit the “back” button; despite what its title might suggest, the latest joint promo single from rap duo MindsOne and producer Kev Brown (their Booth debut as collaborators) is about as far as you can get from bubblegum. Brown’s boom-bap flavored beat, peppered with old-school cuts by DJ Noumenon, sets the mood as partners-in-rhyme KON Sci and Tronic share tightly-wound reflections on consumerism, anti-intellectualism, racial discrimination and more. NYC underground mainstay Homeboy Sandman turns in a similarly sophisticated performance on the guest tip. Craving more? You’ll find what you seek on the headliners’ forthcoming
album 14-track EP, Pillars, released yesterday to record stores and online retailers.
Written by richard on 04/2/14
Submit your Rating
Lo Phi Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Code of Ethics" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.