Between bankers who run off our paychecks, athletes pumped up on more illegal drugs than Scarface and politicians who can’t keep their hands to themselves it may feel like we’re living in the age of broken ethics. Problem solved. All we have to do is make sure the entire world hears MindsOne’s Code of Ethics and the world will be right back on track. Making their DJBooth debut with worldwide premiere of Code of Ethics, this seriously-minded bunch of emcees are joined by DMV stalwart Oddisee, whose crashing cymbal and sample laden production (I recognize that opening sample from a Mos Def song, any help?) helps to paint a positive picture of moral consciousness. Joining in on the lyrical festivities is the always engaging Thee Tom Hardy – when’s the last time you heard a Loch Ness reference? - and his Jamla compatriot and unshakably steady rhymer Rapsody, with MindsOne’s Tronic and KONscience serving as the perfect balance between the two. While Code of Ethics doesn’t have a larger home (yet) you can count on the Minds to continue to right the world’s wrongs through music.
Written by Sigurd on 06/19/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)