Between bankers who run off our paychecks, athletes pumped up on more illegal drugs than Scarface and politicians who can’t keep their hands to themselves it may feel like we’re living in the age of broken ethics. Problem solved. All we have to do is make sure the entire world hears MindsOne’s Code of Ethics and the world will be right back on track. Making their DJBooth debut with worldwide premiere of Code of Ethics, this seriously-minded bunch of emcees are joined by DMV stalwart Oddisee, whose crashing cymbal and sample laden production (I recognize that opening sample from a Mos Def song, any help?) helps to paint a positive picture of moral consciousness. Joining in on the lyrical festivities is the always engaging Thee Tom Hardy – when’s the last time you heard a Loch Ness reference? - and his Jamla compatriot and unshakably steady rhymer Rapsody, with MindsOne’s Tronic and KONscience serving as the perfect balance between the two. While Code of Ethics doesn’t have a larger home (yet) you can count on the Minds to continue to right the world’s wrongs through music.
Written by Sigurd on 06/19/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)