As someone who flexes his brain for a living (hey, these blurbs take some serious juice), you’d better believe I can appreciate a little Mindless Behavior every now and then. While the type of mindlessness promoted by 13-year-old up-and-comers Princeton, Ray Ray, Prodigy and Royal is a little different than what you’d expect (according to their bio, the stage name refers to a “new, effortless way of thinking” whose benefits include increased self-confidence and better grades), this new remix of single My Girl nonetheless sets the perfect mood for carefree good times. On this rendition of the record, the precocious foursome are joined by a trio of high-profile guests; Young Money representatives Tyga and Lil Twist hop aboard to lace Walter Millsap‘s breezy bubblegum-pop boardwork with some lyrical expressions of puppy-love, and R&B/pop heavyweight Ciara completes the picture with some sunny hook and backing vocals. The end product… well, it just might be the catchiest thing I’ve heard all week. Enough outta me, though – what do you think? If you’re digging this remix, you can expect more mindless (in the good way) tunes on the group’s debut LP, #1 Girl.
Written by richard on 03/16/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mrs. Right" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.