They say that youth is wasted on the young, and now that I’m getting up there in years I know the saying’s true. Looking back, early years were nothing but good times – does it get any better than school crushes, raging hormones and more than a little Mindless Behavior? So you’ll have to excuse me if I get a little nostalgic when I hear the aformentioned Mindless Behavior, otherwise knows as teenage quartet Princeton, Ray Ray, Prodigy and Royal, sing about finding Mrs. Right. While I don’t know why a bunch of 13-year-old boys are so concerned with finding the love of their lives, I do know that Behavior knows how to make some serious hip-hop. Walter W. Millsap III and Goldie Hampton provide a bouncing, synth heavy and undeniably catchy beat for the four Behavior members to alternately croon and rhyme over, even bringing in fellow teen phenom Diggy to boost the track’s rap credentials. My advice to Mindless Behavior? You’re far too young to be worries about finding Mrs. Right. My advice to fans of Mindless music? Be sure to cop their upcoming album, #1 Girl, when it drops on September 20.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/28/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Girl (Remix)" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)