They say that youth is wasted on the young, and now that I’m getting up there in years I know the saying’s true. Looking back, early years were nothing but good times – does it get any better than school crushes, raging hormones and more than a little Mindless Behavior? So you’ll have to excuse me if I get a little nostalgic when I hear the aformentioned Mindless Behavior, otherwise knows as teenage quartet Princeton, Ray Ray, Prodigy and Royal, sing about finding Mrs. Right. While I don’t know why a bunch of 13-year-old boys are so concerned with finding the love of their lives, I do know that Behavior knows how to make some serious hip-hop. Walter W. Millsap III and Goldie Hampton provide a bouncing, synth heavy and undeniably catchy beat for the four Behavior members to alternately croon and rhyme over, even bringing in fellow teen phenom Diggy to boost the track’s rap credentials. My advice to Mindless Behavior? You’re far too young to be worries about finding Mrs. Right. My advice to fans of Mindless music? Be sure to cop their upcoming album, #1 Girl, when it drops on September 20.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/28/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Girl (Remix)" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.